Through Our Eyes Only is the story of a group of IIT Kanpur 1990 batch mates looking back at their journey of 25 years after their graduation … the choices they made over their life’s direction, trajectory and velocity. Taking up individual stories and tapping into universal themes — at once light and reflective, irreverent and profound — the film becomes a fun-filled, thoughtful and inspirational kaleidoscope of triumphs, trials, achievements, regrets, longings and hope.
We also follow through some life stories, who have pursued their passion and gained success. Some others look inwards and ask themselves what would have happened, had they chosen a career of their interest. If given a second chance at life, would they lead their life as before or would they make changes in it.
Through Our Eyes thus becomes a celebration of life where each one of us can also be a participant, by joining these batch mates on a special, experiential race of excellence and learning … where there is no finishing line.
Brahmanand S Siingh
Brahmanand S Siingh, a National-Award winning filmmaker, is a very unique combination of being an outstanding, recognized filmmaker, a vastly published author and a Life Coach. He has also been awarded the REX-Karmaveer-Chakra Awards, in partnership with the United Nations, for transforming lives through social impact projects and ideas of hope.
He has been vastly recognized for his experiential and inspirational biopics on iconic legends like RD Burman and Jagjit Singh (Pancham Unmixed & Kaagaz Ki Kashti), movies that have acquired a cult status, in addition to social and emotional cause-based films like Jhalki, a story of hope, courage, compassion and self-belief against the backdrop of a story of lost childhood & human trafficking. Many other films like Riding on a Sunbeam, Through our Eyes, Ashgari Bai, Ragpickers, Uncaging the Body and A Burden of Love continue to be popular and loved.
- What does IIT stand for? There is a prestige attached to being known as an IITian in the world. IIT played the main protagonist, each batch mate was like a film character and their lives, a Bollywood masala film. Today, their bond has strengthened as they are all very similar to each other like they never were before, becoming each other’s strength in good and bad times.
- This chapter includes a few stories of how the characters dealt with crisis situations and challenges faced at bureaucratic set-ups and personal life with their presence of mind, analytical thinking and confidence gained from their learning at IIT.
- Whenever a difficult real life situation presented itself to them, they went back to the basics they had learnt living the IIT-life which instilled, in them, a belief that if they apply their brains to a situation, it’ll be under control. But things are not always in our hands and hence, how they were compelled to believe that there is some higher power controlling it all and destiny has a huge role to play.
- The stories in this chapter questions these beliefs and addresses how chaos, uncertainty, the ability to learn and emotional intelligence became an important ingredient in their success. And how in IIT, their talents flourished not just in academia but also in the fields of music, sports, dramatics and cultural activities, making them wholesome individuals.
- How these batch mates, even after 25 years, engage in Bulla sessions (Pure wisdom from Pure nonsense), just like they did in their college canteen. They reminisce how, along with the fun times, they faced circumstances, where they kept falling and trying and rising and falling and again rising, eventually emerging a winner.
WE ALSO FOLLOW THROUGH SOME LIFE STORIES, WHO HAVE PURSUED THEIR PASSION AND GAINED SUCCESS. BUT SOME OTHERS LOOK INWARDS AND ASK THEMSELVES WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED, HAD THEY CHOSEN A CAREER OF THEIR INTEREST. IF GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE, WOULD THEY LEAD THEIR LIFE AS BEFORE OR WOULD THEY MAKE CHANGES IN IT
- How they failed even after trying very hard and realised that were a misfit in their field. They emphasise how failure, for them, has been just a stepping stone to success.
- Impossibilities can only be achieved by an attitude change towards problems. How giving back to the institute, society and country is increasingly on their minds and their sense of gratitude towards IIT in making them what they are. They pledge to create a serene painting of vision, alignment and interest in the future that awaits.
Some Snapshots :
Through Our Eyes – 10 minutes preview
Through Our Eyes – Teacher’s day Special
Mode of Information and Contact :
For updates,follow us on:
For updates on Brahmanand S Siingh, follow him on:
Brahmanand S Siingh – +91-9821072653 || +91-22-40214165
Shomil Shah – +91-9819820929 || +91-22-40033477
Janhvi Vaya – 91-9833300818
email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org || email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org